POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cartoon experiments : Re: Cartoon experiments Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cartoon experiments
From: John VanSickle
Date: 16 Oct 2002 16:21:03
Message: <3DADCA36.7F4E6362@hotmail.com>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> I've been playing around with using povray to make cartoons out of
> objects.  It only goes so far in showing one a "pencil thin outline"
> of a character. Any pointers on improving this, or have I reached the
> theoretical limit?

You could probably do this:

Render three versions of each image, one with only the red, one with
only the green, and one with only the blue (use the Define command
line switch to control the render).

Take the resulting three images, and base a pigment_pattern on each
one.  Combine the results.  This enables you to set varying levels
of discrete color.

Another trick you would try would be to define where you camera is,
then develop a macro which takes the specs for a primitive and builds
an outline around it; you will need to know the camera specs in order
to correctly position the outline object.

Regards,
John